ReStore neighborhood pickup – another benefit from FirstService Residential.
Home is yours to give this holiday season.
Habitat ReStore will be collecting in your neighborhood the week of December 4. Your donation of new and gently used residential building supplies, household furniture and appliances help build strength, stability and self-reliance for area families in need of decent affordable housing. Click on the video to meet LaShonda and her boys, just one of over 600 families served by Habitat Kansas City since 1979.
Registration closes November 27th.
Your donations to Habitat ReStore…
- are tax deductible, we will give you a receipt when we pick up your donation
- reduce trash in the Kansas City waste stream for a greener environment
- are picked up at your home by our collections team
- will help families locally with a hand up not a hand out
A short sample list of items we can accept:
- Appliances: Complete and fully functioning
- Counter tops
- Doors: Interior, exterior, screen
- Light fixtures
- Flooring: carpet, tile, hardwood
- Furniture: indoor/outdoor
- Masonry: brick/block
- Plumbing: toilets, plumbing parts, showers, tubs
See the FULL LIST once you know what items you may have to donate. Please read the full list carefully, items put out that we do not accept or will not sell at our stores because of damage or missing parts will be left at your home.
- November 20 – RSVP begins to schedule your donation pick-up – click here to schedule
- November 27 – Final day to RSVP for pickups in your neighborhood – click here to schedule your pick-up
- November 29 – You will be contacted which day ReStore will be collecting on your street. You must be home for ReStore to collect your donation and receive your receipt for taxes
- December 4 – collections start in your neighborhood
Important information about donation day
- You must be at home for ReStore to pick up your donation and receive your tax receipt
- All items must in your garage, at the door so can easily be removed and loaded into the ReStore truck. Please have items ready by 7am the day of your street’s pickup
- Please secure doors on cabinets and appliances